During this two- to three-year programme, you will learn by doing, through a variety of workshops that cover a range of general and specialized areas. Small-group interactive teaching methods and state-of-the-art IT tools are an integral part of the curriculum. The market-oriented course content puts particular emphasis on interdisciplinary approaches to legal and financial/business translation. The workshop format ensures that our students benefit from the considerable talents of their peers, while working closely with teachers who represent the pinnacle of the profession – and often end up hiring their students as interns or staff translators.
- One or two passive languages (French and/or Spanish)
- 3 semesters (90 ECTS credits) for one passive language, or 4 semesters (120 ECTS credits) for two passive languages
- Courses available in:
Advanced translation and revision (core curriculum); literary translation; specialized translation (legal, business/financial); specialized subject areas (law, economics); translation studies; and translation technologies.
Areas of Concentration
- Translation and Specialized Multilingual Communication
In-depth training in translation, corporate communication, multimedia communication and language management.
- Specialized translation – concentration in legal and institutional translation
- Specialized translation – concentration in economic and financial translation
- Translation studies
Particular focus on translation theory and interdisciplinary approaches. This concentration is a stepping stone to an academic career.
- Translation and technologies
Particular focus on the range of technical tools available for translation.